Quick Start Guide
You can get installer from HERE
Here is how to start solving and browsing, there are explanatory GIFs to walk you through some parts.
You can also check our QUICK START VIDEO which goes over basic functionality of the program.
For free version now updated to 2.0:
- Download our Updater
- Select PioSolver Free version and download / install.
For commercial versions:
- Download our Updater.
- Select your version (PioSolver basic, pro or edge), enter your licence code and download / install.
- Now start PioViewer.exe and follow the instructions. CLICK to see GIF
- Go to Tree building and calculation tab. Choose one of our sample configurations (you can create your own but this is a quick start guide). Click "Build tree", when "Build tree OK!" appears on the right click "Go". Wait for desired accuracy (the messages will appear about once every minute for flop spots and every few seconds for turn/river). When satisfied click "Stop". CLICK to see GIF
- Browse the tree: go to the Browser tab. Tree view on the top is for navigating the tree. Buttons on the right are for choosing what info is displayed (EV's, strategies, ranges). Here is a short GIF going through some basic options.
- If the viewer has problems connecting to the solver try running the solver itself first (double click on PioSOLVER-version.exe), then uncheck "always ask when running this application" checkbox on a Windows pop-up. Then close the solver and try PioViewer again.
- If it still doesn't work try disabling firewall/anti-virus and see if they cause the problem. If yes, look for filters/exceptions there.
- If the viewer doesn't start at all, please download the newest Net Framework from Microsoft HERE
Few things worth keeping in mind:
- You can save the tree and come back to it later. You can also resume solving if you decide you want better accuracy (just load the tree, go to Tree building and calculation and click Go). Saving/loading will take several seconds unless you have a very fast SSD. If you decide to make a small save, the option to resume solving is gone (they are very good for storage/browsing later though)
- You can also save ranges and tree configurations. You can organize them in folders and easily share with other users. We use the file system for storing those so if there is something you can't do from GUI just go to Ranges or TreeBuilding folders and remove/organize/add configuration files.
- If you would any questions about how to do something, write in our support thread on 2p2. You can also email us if you don't want to ask publicly.